Ferrari FF stars in Neiman Marcus Christmas Book
By Fred Meier, USA TODAY
Just in time to outrage the Occupy Wall Street crowd, Neiman Marcus has rolled out its annual Christmas catalog of extravagant gifts, and there on page 170 is what Drive On wants: custom 2012 Ferrari FF sedans — and they are not even the most expensive gift in the book.
7-speed dual-clutch automatic, Ferrari’s all-wheel drive system, nifty
configurable interior with seating for four or room to carry your bike. Neiman’s then added a unique gray paint job — the color is “Grigio Caldo.”
The interior features, of course, a numbered plaque to impress your
passengers and buttery semi-aniline leather — an upscale leather tinted only with aniline dyes and then sealed for protection.
See how Neiman Marcus prepares to reveal the 2011 Fantasy Gifts, from the 85th annual Christmas Book, to the world. We held a press conference with the vendor partners at the Dallas Contemporary.
The car comes with a set of custom, fitted luggage in the same leather, with FF and Neiman’s badges. That’s the luggage next to the car in the catalog photo above — the dog’s not included. But also part of the package: Enrollment in the 2012 Ferrari Winter Driving Experience in Aspen, Colo., where you can hang out with the other swells.
All this can be yours for a mere $395,000, plus taxes (which Occupy Wall St. would tell you aren’t nearly high enough). Ordering opens Oct. 27th at noon.
And check out the catalog video, which has some nice views of the car and luggage, some of the other gifts, some lovely models and the second-best gift in the book (at least for Drive On readers): a custom 27-foot Hacker-Craft polished mahogany speedboat with a 425 hp., 8.2-liter Mercury Marine engine. The waterline is done in 23-carat, hand-painted gold leaf, as will be whatever name you want to give it. A steal at just $250,000.
(And the two most expensive gifts in the book: A pair of his-and-hers
decorative dancing water fountains for a cool million bucks.)
- What Recession? Holiday Catalog Features $75K Yurt (newsfeed.time.com)
- How to explain Occupy Wall Street to a 6 year old (occupyblogosphere.wordpress.com)
- Occupy Wall Street crowd needs a playbook (edmondsun.com)
- Muslim Asslifters turn ‘Occupy Wall Street’ into an open air mosque (barenakedislam.wordpress.com)
- Occupy Wall Street: Bettering or Destroying America? (oneway2day.wordpress.com)
- Protesting Pooch Portraits – The Buzzfeed ‘Dogs of Occupy Wall Street’ Snaps are Animal Outcries (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Neiman Marcus Announces 2011 Christmas Book (shoppingblog.com)
- Neiman’s Christmas book has $1M water fountain (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- $75,000 Luxury Yurt is One of the Fantasy Gifts in Neiman Marcus 2011 Christmas Book (shoppingblog.com)
- Official: This year’s Neiman Marcus fantasy car gift? Ferrari FF (autoblog.com)