What is it with Seattle and getting naked? It’s not warm here, it’s not a
particularly nudist-friendly city — yet several times a year like clockwork,
people strip off their clothes and run (or ride bikes) through the streets.
This before-Halloween weekend will have plenty of nudity. And plenty of
Let me explain: The naked people will wear the pumpkins on their heads as they dash through two Seattle neighborhoods over the next few days.
There’s a daytime naked pumpkin run in Fremont at 11:11 a.m. on Saturday, and a nighttime run in the Greenlake neighborhood at 9:21 p.m Monday.
Feeling a little shy but still want to participate? Nudity is optional, organizers wrote online:
Go as bare as you dare! The event is clothing-optional, nudity is not mandatory. However, most people prefer to go nude or topfree, especially when considering the anonymity of wearing a pumpkin-head mask.
To find out where to meet up for the runs, you should be at the pumpkin-carving party Saturday.
- Best Sweet Treats to Make with Pumpkin (thedailymeal.com)
- World’s Most Obese Pumpkin and All Things Pumpkin (chuckoliver.wordpress.com)
- How to Make Pumpkin Wine (thedailymeal.com)
- 200-pound pumpkin, anyone? Barton P-Patch event ahead! (westseattleblog.com)
- Watch (Literal) Smashing Pumpkins (thedailymeal.com)
- Alternative to Pumpkins (darkroastedblend.com)
- Halloween Pumpkin Contest (littleowlski.wordpress.com)