I can see Mount Rainier from my house, so I know how unusual it is to capture an image like this. Lippert lives in Tumwater (near Olympia), which is almost directly west of the mountain.
Nick Lippert of Tumwater, Wa. shot this photo of Mount Rainier from his home at 7:40 a.m. with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 camera. This unusual shadow is visible at certain times of the year when the mountain blocks the sun
- Cloud Shadow of Mt. Rainier (neatorama.com)
- A Volcano Casts a Shadow on the Sky Itself [Image Cache] (gizmodo.com)
- Small quake at Mount St. Helens (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Star viewing event happening this Friday at Mount Rainier National Park (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Search for Olympia climber missing on Mount Rainier is scaled back (thenewstribune.com)
- Mt. Rainier offers a sunrise to remember (cbsnews.com)