Model Sacked After Tampon Prank at Fast Food Window
Disgusting stunt lands her in community service
By Greg Wilson
Rebecca Leigh Crimmons, 27, said the wee hours stunt on Sept. 25 was harmless, but she pleaded guilty to assault and lost her job at the Noosa Surf Life Saving Club, where she doubles as a bartender and a promotional model. She was sentenced to community service, but said on Facebook that people have overreacted to the incident.
“When the police came around, I thought ‘you’ve got to be kidding’,” she said, according to the Courier-Mail of Brisbane.
She admitted wiping the wet tampon on the hand of worker Luke Clareburt after pretending to find it in her fries. But Crimmins insisted the tampon had merely been dipped in an alcoholic drink. The restaurant staff “made a mountain out of a molehill,” she said.
But Clareburt said the incident freaked him out.
“I didn’t know what was on the tampon,” he said. “She deserves everything she gets. She’s got no one to blame but herself.”
- Effect of Sex With a Tampon? (everydayhealth.com)
- 3 reviews of o.b. Tampons (Regular) (rateitall.com)
- “Macgyver-ing” a Tampon (igoyougoblog.com)
- Accused says tampon toss prank ruined her life (cnews.canoe.ca)
- Personalized Tampons (backyardprovence.wordpress.com)
- Look At These Amazing Vintage Tampon Ads (thegloss.com)
- Tampons Were A Lot Classier In The ’50s [Oldies But Goodies] (jezebel.com)
- Why won’t your mom let you use tampons (wiki.answers.com)